Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Can you help me, I'm bent~

I have not had to care for over five years. Really, it's been longer than that, but I figure after five years, it doesn't matter. Now I live in a place where there are expectations. Dishes in the dish washer, bed made, trash taken out before the garbage men come to pick it up.

It's strange. How do you explain to an ex-army man that that you aren't used to having to do basic chores that could be expected of an 8 year old? How do you explain that, because of depression, the only thing getting you out of bed is the urge to pee? That you have an internal struggle just to get changed out of pajamas?
How do you explain that you never had to try, because you're parents gave up on you by the time you were 16?
And how do you tell someone that you need reminders of basic things without it sounding like you want them to take care of you? That you need to be reminded the day before that trash will be taken to the street? That you need to get your laundry out of the drier by the end of the night?
Because I haven't had to worry about anybody else's sleep schedule, or space, or belongings, or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment